Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a Busy Weekend!

Wow...the weekend flew by!

Official Day 2 of my new life and I feel like I have so much to do. I put together a list of "to-do's" for this week...geeze it was a full page long! So, rather than a freak out...I compartmentalized and tried to put everything into perspective!

But on top of my new work that I'm doing, I also have my LASIK scheduled for this week and I intend to document it as best as possible on here! So, a quick recap of my LASIK saga to date:

Back in February I went for my initial evaluation to see if I was a candidate for LASIK. So, for better or worse, I have thick corneas, making me a positive candidate for LASIK. Although, I also learned that since my prescription was so high (I've been nearsighted since I was 6), instead of it only taking 30 seconds per eye, it'll take about 50 seconds per eye to get the perfect "don't need glasses" vision that I'm craving!

So, I originally went to http://eyeny.com/ for the evaluation, and initially I was given a quote of $5200. And I would have been all good with that price, until I found out that the actual surgery was going to be done at http://www.laseronenyc.com/ and it would only cost me $2800 - yeah I did a "what the what!" moment. Especially since it would be the exact same doctor performing the LASIK surgery.

So, FYI...buyer beware...always do your homework...because in my opinion, there's no reason why the Park Avenue location should be charging much less and offering financing when the 14th street location wasn't offering financing and was nearly $3000 more! :(

Although, what's also nice is that the cost of the LASIK includes any pre-evaluations, and roughly six post-op visits. Anywho...when you go for any of the evaluations, you can't wear your contacts for at least 10 days, because contacts greatly effect the shape of the eye. Likewise, since my LASIK is this upcoming Thursday (4/30/09), I haven't worn contacts for at least two weeks now just to be safe.

The actual surgery itself isn't supposed to be more than thirty minutes from start to finish. And most of that time is prep related (i.e. making sure the entire eye area is sterile etc.). Then I'm just supposed to go home, sleep and spend the rest of the day resting. I think that'll be the hardest part for me since I'm used to always being active!

So, I'll keep you guys posted on my LASIK saga! But first...I'm hitting the gym for the first time in nearly a year tomorrow morning! :)

No comments: