Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Multi Post Day? Possibly...

Well...since I'm relegated to sitting home & watching the Food Network on account of me not feeling 100%, I've been doing what I sometimes do best - BSing my time away online.

I'm sure everyone has trivial guilty pleasures, but one of mine was the "Single in the Suburbs" weekly blog/webisode that just finished its last installment this week on MSN's Lifestyle channel. Maybe the reason I liked it so much was because it centered on someone from Indiana (woo-hoo, we Hoosiers don't get a lot of love from the rest of the country, so when we make it into the cyber sphere...I have to take notice) or maybe it was just a nice read. Anyway, the storyline centered around a recently divorced woman who had to leave the idyllic "wife stays home & hubby makes huge money" scenario, move out of her perfect home, and endure being a single parent mom who also works.

For almost 2 and a 1/2 years, I followed poor "Sara's" (the main character) relationship troubles as this Baby Boomer woman tried to emerge into a dating world that had greatly changed since she had first dated before her marriage. Each week there were weekly installments every Thursday to buoy me through my work week and to entertain me even when I left the world of walking stiffs and started my own company. Alas, this week was the final installment. The ending was a bit contrived & too perfect, but I guess it was to be expected considering that MSN only gave a month's notice before winding down the series.

No comments: