Yet another yummy recipe! This time, I got the recipe from an Asian cookbook I have, and then I modified it a bit. Oddly enough, I'm writing this while watching "Julie & Julia"...very inspiring. I'm actually tempted to try that beef stew recipe (actually with a French name for the recipe...but I didn't take French in school...so there! ^_^). Anywho...this recipe really only takes like 30 minutes to make, and about 30 minutes of prep time. So...here's the recipe:
1 package of pre-cooked shrimp (thawed)
2 cups of fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves minced
1 package of Shanghai noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1/4 tspn ginger powder
1 1/2 tspns crushed rep pepper seeds
6 cups of chicken stock
2 tblspns soft soy sauce
2 tspns soft brown sugar
1 tblspn of sweet chili sauce
1/4 tspn basil
1 cup mushrooms
1 scallion sprout - chopped
1. Combine olive oil, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper seeds, sweet chili sauce, salt, whole black pepper and basil. Mix thoroughly.
2. In a leak proof bag, combine the thawed pre-cooked shrimp in the marinade. Let sit (refridgerated) for at least 30 minutes.
1. In a pot, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, onions and mushrooms. Let come to a boil.
2. In a skillet combine the shrimp, remaining marinade, and spinach. Let simmer.
3. In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and cook noodles until tender (or to taste).
4. **Optional Step!!** I chose to serve this dish with rice as an aside. So, you can cook the rice in a rice cooker. ^_^
Place noodles in a soup bowl. Add the soup base and veggies followed by the spinach and shrimp. Garnish with the chopped scallions. Serve with a side of rice.
Stylist Files Moodboard: Holiday Gift Guide '16
6 years ago
Post a Comment