Thursday, July 30, 2009

Racy? Trashy? Confused?!


Ok...

So, normally I don't make posts on current events, but this one just seemed so out there, I had to make a comment. In a few weeks there's going to be a Miss Universe pageant. Now, back in the day, I used to watch all the pageants - Miss America, Miss USA & Miss Universe. Not the teen ones tho...not really my thing.

Anyway, there's quite a bit of hubub about Miss Japan's "cultural costume". Actually...it looks something of a HAM (Hot Ass Mess) IMO. Personally, I'm in love with traditional kimonos and if I actually had somewhere to put the darn thing, I would have bought one and had it custom made when I was in Japan last year. Now...had the hemline on her kimono come down significantly further...I would be all over this outfit. But as is - heck no I won't go.

She's defending it as being edgy fashion, but it just looks slightly ermmmm cheap? But hey...what do I know...I just used to work in the fashion industry. In the Garment District. For strong performing lines. In New York. :-/ There's too much going on in this outfit...making it a FASHION FAIL.

But you be the judge! Tell me what you think!

No comments: